Monday, August 10, 2009

Fall is Near!




I can almost smell the change of season approaching. Almost. It is 94 degrees here in Hotlanta, today, but the big pine tree over our deck is starting it's annual litter of cones and prickles. (Not exactly the scientific term, but it does depict the foot pain felt when walking barefoot outside.) Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the relief of the heat, the brightly colored leaves, the crispness of the air, and the celebrations that come with the seasonal change. AND NO MOSQUITOS, which is most important. We can play outside again without getting eaten alive!

One of our favorite things to do is take nature walks around the Emory Lake or on a trail near our home that is nature preserve/bird sanctuary. The children love to soak up the sights and sounds and always bring home pockets full of little gifts from Mother Nature.


1 comment:

  1. hello! you have won my giveaway for an address file! Please send me an email to sharilyn AT lovelydesign DOT com with your address information, and I will send it out to you. xo sharilyn

    ReplyDelete